Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My last week

Your dreams are not meant to put you to sleep, but to alert and arouse you to your immense possibilities.

I am kind of sad right now, because the year is over, and my last day is tomorrow. I'm trying not to be too sad, because I have exciting opportunities ahead of me- but okay being honest I love it here, and I'm going to miss my bosses, my coworkers, my little niche. But... it is the possibilities I am looking forward that are filling me with a quietly growing excitement.

Whether you are coming to college for the first time after high school, you are changing your career, or whatever your circumstance, coming to SBCC represents a change- but guess what. Change is scary, yes. But change is what provides the place for us to grow. Honestly, before I came to SBCC, I imagined I would have positive consequences, like learning new skills. Did I imagine all of the wonderful things that would envelop. Nope.

It's more than just the classes. It's more than just the professors. It's more than just the ocean view. It's a network of people that have goals and dreams surrounding you in your classes, it's people that believe in you, it's a place to make mistakes and learn and grow. It's a place to explore yourself, your talents, your skills, who you are, and it's a place to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment